Saturday 3 November 2018

Not much got done at the boat today

I went down to the boat as soon as I could, with the intention of getting the cockpit locker lids and the sides of the cabin storage lockers sanded. However when I was aboard, I decided to try and cut the carpet around the window frame instead. This proved to be trickier that I thought and I would describe the job I have done as adequate rather than great. Some framing may be needed too! To cheer myself up I decided to remove the blue film over the bulkhead linings to see what that looked like. Here is what the starboard side currently looks like:



Of course once I had done that I wished I hadn't as I will have to wipe them thoroughly when I do decide to line them with something. At least it is cleaner than how she was originally:



After that I scrubbed the area on the port side cabin so that it is ready to be lined as well. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow. I have also decided I would like something other than the cabin storage lockers that are currently there, but I haven't decided what. Maybe some sliding panels or something? Any ideas gratefully received, as always.

Still lots to do to get her looking comfortable!

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment