Thursday 1 November 2018

Yesterday, All my troubles seemed so far away.

So sang the Beatles. Sadly my troubles are still here today.

Yesterday, I went down to the boat with Neil and we cleaned the boat again and then did a dry run of fitting the carpet to the walls. To our horror, there are now a couple of brown rust like marks across the carpet. Fortunately it is double sided so we will use the other side.

It flagged up the fact that even though we had scraped the walls and rubbed them down with panel wipe, they was still a dirty residue which needed to be cleaned off.

So today I went down and spent an hour with a bucket of hot water and some floor cleaner. I scrubbed with a scrubbing brush and then tried to rinse off with a sponge as best I could. Here is the obligatory after shots:




Although its still looks scruffy, at least it is clean and the carpet lining should stick down ok. Sadly there will probably be yet more cleaning to come as I still have the other side to do at some point.

I am hoping to get one side of the boat lined this weekend.

More updates soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment