Tuesday 30 October 2018

Bearers of bad news....

Engine bearers that is, and the bad news was the terrible weather this afternoon.

Well I had every intention of getting some serious work done on the boat today, but the weather had other plans! It has been raining for hours and there was a break in the weather so I decided to chance it and go down. The paint in the bilges was still tacky, so I decided I could at least paint the engine bearers with black hammerite. I taped off what I could and then very carefully used a roller to paint them, trying to avoid any pain dripping onto the still wet paint below. I nearly succeeded! One small drop that went through a hole in the bearer on the paint. I dabbed it off as best I could, but as the bilge will get another coat, I guess it doesn't matter. Here is a pic:


It started to rain just after I finished painting, so I had to pull the hatch across and put the washboards back as quickly as I could. Then I realised that the stuff I would need to do other jobs in the workshop was in the far end of the boat. I didn't want to risk getting water on any of the paintwork, so I left it and went home. I reckon it might take another 48 hours before it is touch dry. I am hoping to get the carpet fitted in the next few days as I have the time (and a mate to help me), so I may just have to try and put the access steps back . The access steps are a massive one piece fiberglass moulding and are very awkward to handle. I will take a pic next time I am down to show you.

Stay Tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment