Monday 29 October 2018

Painting the bilges (again)

This is a job I recently did on Pheebs, my Halcyon 23, so it really does seem like daja vu again.

I started by rubbing the bilges down with Panel wipe, hoovered, then gave them a light sanding and hoovered them out again.

Here they are before I started painting:



I went to get some gloss paint as I couldn't get any grey bilge paint locally. I couldn't find a grey, so I went with this dark blue. I like the colour and as long as the bilge looks clean and fresh, I am happy! Here is the "after" shot:




I think I will rub down the sides and paint them too after cleaning and sanding them. They will need masking off properly as I always think clean edges makes for a more professional job. I will also do a second coat of paint too.

I started to look at the wood work from the plywood that makes up the side cupboards in the main saloon. Some of the ply is coming away, but I figured I will have a go at gluing them first and see if they are salvageable. Its not the cost of cutting new ones, but rather the way they have been cut and fits the bulkheads that they go between them.

More to follow in the next couple of days.




No comments:

Post a Comment