Sunday 28 October 2018

Can't get you out of my (Bulk)head

Another bad pun. Never mind!

On Saturday, I went down to the boat with Neil and we managed to stick down the 2 bulkhead linings that I had cut out the week before. Of course, noting on a boat is simple and we ended up discovering the edges of the bulkheads are not perfectly straight! So we used the bottom edges as a true edge and the results aren't too bad. Here is a pic:



When we got them stuck down with grab adhesive, some parts kept pulling away (presumably due to the curve that was put in the sheet from being rolled up when sent up to me. So we had to use pieces of wood and some clamps to keep the liner pressed to the bulkhead. You can see some of them in this pic:



As you can see, the top of liner is not a perfect fit, but this will be covered by the roof panels and trim. I haven't decided what to use for the trim, so any suggestions welcome.

When we had finished this I have a visit from Mick and Peter (who both used to own Solas). They are going to help install the engine in the next few weeks. Its a Yanmar 12 (replacing the Yanmar 8 which was removed (stolen) from Solas when she was stored in another boatyard), so I'm hoping it isn't so heavy it affects the trim of the boat. We will have to see. Any opinions?

Mick has said, although the engine bay is now very clean (I spent a whole weekend cleaning and removing buckets of grime and oil), it could do with being painted. As I am grateful for their help, I will get this done as soon as possible so they can get on with the installation when they want to, rather than having to wait for me.

After I have painted the bilge, Neil and I will start to line the cabin sides around the windows with the van carpet. Hopefully, I will have this done later this week.

Bye for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment